Welcome to the Redcar and Cleveland NQT information centre.
Early Career Framework Information
From September 2020, Redcar and Cleveland schools are invited to be part of the early roll out of the Early Career Framework for NQTs.
4 Providers have been identified to offer a programme to schools. These programmes are for NQTs, and school mentors, from 2020.
The 4 providers are:
Contact: Pauline Jackson for more information
NQT Welcome Gathering:
The Redcar and Cleveland Appropriate Body is here to support schools and NQTs through the induction year.
Redcar and Cleveland AB will provide the following to all schools choosing to buy into this service:
• Register the NQT with R & C and TRA
• Provide an on-line information service with all the necessary information and paperwork, including report pro –forma, handbooks, FAQs Maintain records and assessment reports and process all interim and final reports
• Liaise with the school if an NQT is not making satisfactory progress against the Teaching Standards during the Interim Assessment periods
• Make the decision, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal, as to whether the NQTs performance is of a satisfactory standard against the Teaching Standards
• Notify the TRA of the decision and informing the NQT personally, of the decision
• Provide a named contact for support and guidance, email and telephone support
• Provide training for induction tutors followed by termly updates
• Host a ‘Welcome’ meeting for all NQTs and provide the option of a ‘buddy system’
• Drop in sessions for NQTs once a term
• A final ‘Planning for your 2nd year of teaching’ meeting
• Offer of a 1-1 with the named person at any time during the year
• A reduction on all training costs, for NQTs, held at Inspire 2 Learn
• Quality assurance of the NQT programme through the NQT Board
|1st Assessment||4th December 2020|
|2nd Assessment||19th March 2021|
|3rd Assessment||9th July 2021|